According to the Heritage Foundation, the Budget Sequester “cuts the DHS off at the knees.”
They say it like that’s a bad thing.
… the DHS will be hit hard if the sequestration is allowed to proceed as planned. Some of the areas highlighted are:
• The TSA would have to furlough front-line screening personnel at airports, likely causing significant delays at major airports throughout the U.S.
• The Coast Guard would have to reduce air and surface operations by 25 percent, put off maintenance of its aging fleet, and delay moving into its new headquarters.
• Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) would need to downsize its workforces of both CBP officers and Border Patrol Agents.
• The Department’s Science and Technology Directorate would be forced to cut major projects entirely, including research on protecting the U.S. electrical grid, and drastically slash others.
• Funding to the National Cybersecurity Protection System would be significantly reduced.
Hey! I’ve got an idea!