1. You are better off than you were four years ago.
2. Even if you are not better off than you were four years ago, things are getting better.
3. Even if things are not getting better, it’s President George W. Bush’s fault.
4. Even if it isn’t Bush’s fault, it’s the “head winds” that are at fault.
5. Even if it’s not the head winds’ fault, it’s the inside-the-Beltway tone that is to blame.
6. Even if you can’t blame the tone, it’s the Gang of Six’s fault for screwing up the grand bargain that made Obama up the ante on taxes after the House speaker thought that we had a deal.
7. Even if it’s not the Gang of Six’s fault, it’s the Republicans’ fault.
8. Even if it’s not the Republicans’ fault, it’s the 24-7 media coverage that is to blame.
9. Even if media are not to blame, change is hard and comes only from the outside.
10. Even if change comes only from the outside, you have to elect Obama.
In short, nothing is ever Obama’s fault.