Students are suing the state of Michigan and their Detroit-area school district for violating their “right to read.”
The class-action lawsuit appears to be the first of its kind, and potentially signals a new wave of civil rights litigation in the United States to enforce laws intended to boost academic achievement, education law experts say.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan filed what it has dubbed the “right to read” lawsuit on behalf of the nearly 1,000 students in the impoverished district.
Two-thirds of 4th-graders and three-quarters of 7th-graders in the Highland Park school district are not proficient on state reading tests; 90 percent of 12th-graders fail the reading portion of the final state test administered in high school, according to the complaint. Nearly 100 percent of the district’s students are African-American.
Oh, this is good. I don’t even know where to begin. This case should be called People v. Progressives.
Let’s break down this case.
-Progressives take over the public school system because they know better.
- Progressives don’t know shit.
- Progressives pay minorities to shut up and be ignorant.
- Minorities play along.
- Progressive media legitimizes and embraces ignorant black culture instead of shaming it.
- Public funds dry up and their town turns to shit.
- They can’t afford to get out.
- They can’t fill out a job application.
- The compact they had with progressives is broken and they sue them for cruelty, incompetence and exploitation.
If the plaintiffs win the left loses.
If the defendants win the left loses.
The major downside to all of this is that, as usual, the responsible, hardworking, intelligent tax payer is going to get it in the ass.
But this is still fun.